Lectures & Webinars
I offer lectures and webinars on a variety of topics related to New York genealogy, Jewish and African-American genealogy, and general methodology.
Presentation topics include:
- Genealogy 101
- Getting Started with Jewish Genealogy
- Using the Law to Research African-Americans in Pre-Emancipation New York
- Banking on Your Ancestors: Using Financial Records for Genealogical Gain
- Tracing Your NYC Ancestors Pre-1850
Recent articles include:
- "Slavery Records in the Common Council Papers at the New York City Municipal Archives," The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, 149 (January 2018).
- "New York County Insolvency Assignments at the New York City Municipal Archives," The New York Researcher, spring 2017