What is it?
Professional research into the ancestor, family, or genealogical problem of your choosing. Research is available in hourly installments, with most projects beginning at 15 hours. Final products take the form of a research report.
Research projects are delivered in a report format. Research reports are comprehensive accounts of findings and analysis, including images of relevant documents, maps, or photographs.
Projects begin with a retainer and are billed in installments at $90/hour.
Family History Packages
What is it?
Go beyond names and dates with a narrative genealogy, the life stories of your ancestors. Discover where they lived, what their lives were like, and what they experienced, written in chapter form. Packages may incorporate your DNA test results, giving context to your ethnicity “pie chart.”
Packages begin with four ancestors.
A shareable PDF of your ancestors’ life stories, written in chapter form. For an additional fee, narratives may be printed in book form (allow additional lead time).
Packages available by the number of ancestors:
Four ancestors (e.g., four grandparents, all maternal great-grandparents): $5,000
Eight ancestors (e.g., all great-grandparents, all paternal great-great grandparents): $9,000
More than eight ancestors: Pricing on request
Add-ons, including DNA testing and book printing, are also available.
What are they?
Photography and copying services for records at repositories throughout the New York City metropolitan area. This service is ideal for distance researchers who know exactly what record they're looking for, such as vital record copies from the New York City Municipal Archives. Cemetery photography also available upon request.
Looking for a search of records, and then retrieval? Check out Genealogy Research.
Record copies are available in digital or print formats:
- Digital delivery: High-resolution images, complete source citations, and fast turnaround.
- Printed and mailed: The best choice for certified records, copies are insured and mailed overnight.
Below is a selected list of repositories. Additional repositories available upon request:
- New York City Municipal Archives
- National Archives at New York City
- Courthouses and court archives in New York City's five boroughs, from Surrogate's Courts to the Bronx County Courthouse
- City Register Offices for Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and the Bronx
- Richmond County Clerk's Office (Staten Island land records)
- New-York Historical Society
- New York Public Library
- Center for Jewish History, including the YIVO Archives
- Columbia Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Morgan Library & Museum
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Brooklyn Historical Society
- Queens Public Library
- Local cemeteries, such as Green-Wood Cemetery and the New York City Marble Cemetery
Both digital and mailed record retrievals are offered at a discounted hourly rate. Additional expenses may apply, such as record fees, transportation costs, postage, and the like.